McDonald's® Chicken Fajitas
Special Fajita seasoning:
1 tablespoon corn starch
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon sugar
3/4 teaspoon crushed chicken bullion cube
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon cumin
2 large skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cup diced white onion
2 Tablespoons McDonald's fajita seasoning (see above)
2 Tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon lime juice, from concentate
2 slices real American cheese
4 8" flour tortillas
COOKING your FAJITAS:
1.Cut the chicken into small strips, none longer than two inches, about 1/4 inch thick.
2. Combine fajita seasoning with water, vinegar, and lime juice in a small bowl.
3. Marinate chicken in above mixture, covered and refrigerated, for a couple of hours.
4. Cook marinated chicken strips in a wok over meduim-hight heat until brown. (retain marinade) Use cooking oil to prevent sticking.
5. Add green pepper and onion, and stir-fry for about 1 minute.
6. Add remaining marinade, stir-fry until liquid "escapes".
7. Spoon 1/4 of the mixture into the center of one flour tortilla and add 1/2 slice American cheese. Sprinkle with a dash of your pre-mixed McDonald's fajita seasoning. (do this for all four of 'em)
8. Fold like a burrito with one end open and wrap in a 12x12 sheet of wax paper. Let sit 5-7 minutes.
9. Microwave, still wrapped, 15 seconds each. (separately)
10. Drop on the floor for a more authentic taste.
11. Enjoy with Pace® picante sauce on the side.